How do I protect my family from COVID-19?
Here are some precautions you and your family can take to help avoid infection:
- Wash your hands frequently using soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing. Dispose of used tissue immediately
- Keep at least 1 metre distance between yourself and others
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces like phones, doorknobs, light switches and countertops
- Seek medical care early if you or your child has a fever, cough, difficulty breathing or other symptoms of COVID-19
- Avoid crowded places, confined and enclosed spaces with poor ventilation, and try to practice physical distancing from people in public
- Wear fabric masks when in public places where there is community transmission and where physical distancing is not possible
- Keep all indoor spaces well ventilated